Freelancer Business Mastery Program
Earn more. Stress less. Feel confident.
You are already great at what you do. It is time to be great at business too!
If you are a photographer, graphic designer, or other service based creative freelancer and…
- you want to stop feeling so stressed out and overwhelmed all the time and more in control of your time and energy
- you want to work on more fulfilling projects with clients you love
- you want to feel confident in your marketing and talking about your value
- you want to feel less like an imposter and more like a professional
- you want to know that your prices are profitable, reasonable, and sustainable
- you want to earn more money, do less, and feel confident running your business
The BUSINESS MASTERY Program has the training, resources, and support you’ve been looking for!
You’ve been working hard. You are getting (some) clients.
And…you still don’t feel confident or professional when it comes to running your business.
It can be tough to be a freelancer in the creative services industries.
You are essentially trying to sell something invisible – a promise to create deliverables that don’t currently exist. And you’ve never really been trained on how to do that.
- How do you figure out who your target market or ideal client is?
- How do you manage your time better so you don’t feel so stressed and burnt out?
- What do you say in your marketing?
- How can you make more money?
- Are you charging enough? Too much?
Where do you even start with choosing which of the many platforms, tools, apps, etc you are going to use to try to get your compelling marketing messages out there, in front of the right clients, when they are ready to buy?
It is no wonder you are feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
Good news! You don’t have to stay stuck, frustrated, and struggling any more.
The Freelancer Business Mastery Program gives you the training, resources, and support you need to:
Build A Strong Foundation
Know your boundaries, learn how to create separation between life and work. Get tools for managing your time to feel less stress and overwhelm. Get clarity on your business and start practicing your success mindset skills.
Price For Profit &
Use the magical Price for Profit Calculator spreadsheet to know for sure you are charging enough to live your desired lifestyle. Learn pricing, sales, and revenue models to help make selling easier. Design your services offers with confidence.
Market & Understand Your Value
Know your ideal clients, map out how they find and hire you, create a marketing strategy to increase your inquiries, and stop wondering where your next client is going to come from. Create a compelling value based marketing messages.
“This is first time I have ever had a marketing plan and ideas to implement – and actually turned them into new habits that created different results!”
Business Mastery Program For Freelance Creatives
16 Week Hybrid Program with Master Instructor, Aura McKay.
Includes in depth training modules, group coaching, private support, and online community to help you master your creative business.
In-Depth Training Modules
Module 1: Foundation of You
Most freelancers are self-taught when it comes to business basics like time management, daily mindset practices, and really understanding their passions. This module fills in those blanks and sets you up for creating a clear vision and setting meaningful goals.
Module 2: Your D.A.M.N. Plan
If you want to be successful as an entrepreneur, you need a plan. The D.A.M.N. Plan is specifically designed to help creatives and multi-passionate people to focus on designing, building, and growing a business that truly supports your dream lifestyle.
Module 3: Price For Profit
Figuring out what to charge for your creative services so that you know for sure you are charging enough to make a profit, you know where your price positions you against your colleagues and competitors, and you are confident that your clients see the value is a challenge. This module includes the magical Price For Profit calculator spreadsheet to help you do exactly that.
Module 4: Clients You Love
Not all clients are your clients. This module teaches you how to identify who your ideal clients are, figure out what they actually care about and why they hire you, discover where to find them, and start designing your services to make it easier to market and sell to them.
Module 5: Making Sales
Learn how to create a proposal / estimate that helps you close more sales. Simplify your sales process to make it easy for both you and your clients to start working together . This is where you get clear on your contracts, payment methods, and sales conversations.
Module 6: Marketing Foundations
This is the stuff you’ve been missing. The foundation of all marketing communication techniques, tactics, and strategies. The things all those free webinars assume you already know and have developed. Finally understand how marketing works so you can start to master yours.
Module 7: Marketing Message
Every creative struggles with how to talk about the value they deliver in a compelling way. Even copywriters struggle with their own messaging. This module helps you develop a clear key message and brand voice to guide all your messaging – copy, captions, email, etc..
Module 8: 30 Day Marketing Plan
How will you put it all together? Choose an audience and an offer to focus on for the next 30 days and design a strategic marketing plan that includes your platform, content themes, messaging, and timing. You’ll know exactly what to post on social media and when!
16 Weekly Group Sessions
You don’t have to rely on recordings and worksheets alone, accelerate your learning, implementation, and results with group coaching and co-working time.
This is where you get to learn and apply your new skills, test your ideas, walk your talk, and be inspired.
- Monthly LIVE training sessions to spotlight specific marketing and sales skills.
- Group q & a sessions to leverage the mistakes and learnings of others and get better results, faster
- Go deeper and get personalize feedback on the areas that matter most to you
- Monthly Co-working sessions to help you integrate and apply the training
9 Private Support Sessions
Personalized feedback and support with Aura McKay.
The group training and coaching is great for learning the skills and being inspired.
Your private support sessions help you customize the training to your own, unique creative business.
- In-depth Welcome & Onboarding session to set you up for success
- Twice a month private feedback and support for your specific challenges and your unique business ideas
- Help crafting your powerful and compelling offer sales page and marketing message
- Support in managing your mindset, your time, and your energy
4 Month Membership
The Business Accelerator Mastermind is a unique community of creative freelancers coming together in the spirit of collaboration and support.
It is completely private AND ideas and resources are freely shared under our code of conduct agreement.
- Weekly meetings to create connection and reduce the feeling of isolation
- Access to accountability buddies and additional support
- Unlimited communication with your instructor via Slack
- Leverage the wisdom and experience of your creative community
“Finally started streamlining my marketing and positioning myself as a professional versus simply work for hire. Now I have better clients and projects that I love.”
The Freelancer Business Mastery Program is NOT for you if…
you are at the very beginning of your freelancer journey and haven’t had many clients yet
you need immediate cash flow instead of long-term, sustainable results
you expect to get things right the first time instead of through consistent practice and revisions
you are too busy to work ON your business for 8 to 10 hours a week
We can still help, it’s worth talking with us.
“Even before the course was finished, I’d already learned enough to create a compelling offer for studio headshots. I was fully booked out for the project in under 2 weeks! And I did it while staying aligned with my values.”
At Business of Creativity we do online programs differently:
We promise that our programs are:
- Recorded so you can go review as much and whenever you want to
- Multi-layered with group AND one on one support while you apply the strategies and lessons in your business
- Specifically designed to help creatives like you focus on what matters most so you can master the business of creativity
- Comprehensive with resources, workbooks, and access to the Slack community for additional support and connection
And some things we just won’t do like:
- Take your money for a program that isn’t the right solution for your business or marketing challenges
- Promise quick fixes or magic formulas (success takes time and effort – if it was easy, you would already be doing it)
- Offer training only without the ongoing support to help you implement and see real results in your creative business.
- Make you do everything, all by yourself. We believe in community, collaboration, and connection.
We’ve helped many creatives just like you, take one small action…
and another, and another…to design, build, grow, and master the business of creativity with confidence and ease.
Hi! I’m Aura McKay.
I am a marketing instructor and business coach with more than 20 years of my own experience as an award winning photographer. It breaks my heart how little real training there is around business, marketing, and mindset for freelance creatives
I also see how much of the training that is available seems to be missing the part that personalizes the training, supports people to apply it to their own business, and deals with the loneliness and imposter syndrome.
In my experience of training and coaching hundreds of freelance creatives, choosing a program and coach to work with is not something that should be done on impulse.
Learning works best when there is alignment.
My commitment is to only work with clients who are a match. Where we are aligned in our communication styles and values. And when what you need is exactly what I can provide.
So book your Alignment Call with me today, let’s talk about your freelance creative business and your goals.
BOOK YOUR ALIGNMENT CALL TODAY
“I turned a really challenging situation into a win/learning experience by taking things less personally so that I’m able to make objective marketing decisions.”