How To Price Freelance Creative Services
Helping photographers and graphic designers to earn more and stress less.
With Master Instructor Aura McKay
Pricing is the moment of truth – all of marketing strategy comes to focus on the pricing decision.
Pricing your photography or design services can feel like a huge stumbling block on the road to profit.
Changes in our economy are causing a lot of freelancers to re-think their prices. Many of you are having to come up with new services, new offers, and new prices.
One thing that hasn’t changed is how your prices can actually help you marketing and sell.
There are so many factors to consider when looking at how to price your freelance services – your business costs, your own personal income needs, the perception of value in the market place, client budgets, and the general state of the economy.
Add that to decisions on pricing models like bundling, memberships, or one-to- many and strategies like micro offers and value based pricing.
It’s no wonder most freelance creative services providers feel overwhelmed and confused about how to set their prices… and why some of you have been winging it for so long.
This masterclass is specifically designed to help you confidently price your creative services for long term profit and sustainability.
In your Freelancer Pricing Masterclass you get…
In Depth Training Sessions
Step by step training videos that start with the kinds of projects you most want to do and takes you all the way through pricing models, sales models, pricing strategies, and revenue models to help you make more money. Each module is has interactive exercises to help you make step by step progress in pricing your services for profit and growth.
- Great slides and energetic instructor
Your Questions Answered
Access to personalized feedback and coaching. Post your questions in our Slack Community and get a detailed response right away! We are here to support you.
- Quick responses to your specific questions
Price For Profit Calculator
Workbooks, checklists, and our signature ‘magical’ Price For Profit Spreadsheet to help you master your creative business. This spreadsheet will change how you feel about spreadsheets, give you clarity on your personal income needs and sales goals, and help you make sure you are pricing for profitability and sustainability.
- Easy to use, colour coded worksheet
Community of Support
We are an online learning platform. This means you have access to a Student Dashboard where all your training, resources, and worksheets are available for a full 6 months. PLUS you get access to our awesome Slack community to keep you engaged and accountable.
- An awesome community of support
“Love seeing the profit numbers.
I was never really sure if my prices made sense. Now, I can clearly see how much each service contributes to my overall profit and choose where to focus my marketing.”
Make Selling Easier
Learn the difference between Creative Entrepreneurs and regular entrepreneurs, what role price pays in connecting you and your clients.
Start to simplify your offer categories to make selling and marketing easier.
100% Confidence In Your Prices
Our signature Price For Profit Spreadsheet is a colourful, visual tool that does the math for you!
Learn how to decide if a project or gig is ‘worth it’ by knowing exactly what your minimum price for profit is.
Yes, it is a magic tool that changes lives.
Know Where You Stand
How does your location influence your price? Does it really matter what other people are charging when you set your price?
Choose how you price based on your brand and how you want to be perceived in the marketplace.
Leverage Price In Your Marketing
Identifying the perceived value of what you do makes pricing (and selling!) so much easier!
Learn how to design your offers to align with the needs and wants of your ideal client.
Stop Leaving Money On The Table
Value is tricky for a lot of creatives. Thinking about pricing based on value might seem impossible.
Learn how value based pricing works and get a step by step script to use in your sales calls.
PRICE FOR PROFIT is for you if…
- you are a working freelance creative or solopreneur in a service based business
- you are adjusting your packages (offers) and pricing in response to economic changes
- you don’t really know (for sure) if your prices are making you a profit
- you consistently hear price objections OR get asked for discounts
- you are ready to feel confident with your prices and know your value
If you are ready to finally feel confident with your pricing, your offers, and the value you bring to the marketplace…register today.
This Pricing Masterclass is NOT for you if you…
- you are really new to the business of creativity and haven’t served very many clients yet
- you want someone to just tell you how much to charge instead of doing the work
- you feel like you need support on your business model first (private coaching is available)
- you have a fixed mindset or are currently focused on healing your emotional or mental health
We can still help, it’s worth talking with us.
Hi. I’m Aura McKay.
My style of training is full of enthusiasm and energy. I like celebrations, high fives, and spirit fingers (on zoom). I believe in taking a series of small steps to get to a goal. And I believe that creatives can design, build, and grow profitable businesses in any economy.
As the Founder of Business of Creativity, I am passionate about supporting creative freelancers and solopreneurs to make a living AND have a life doing work you love.
I bring 20 years of experience as an international award winning photographer, expertise in financial management and marketing communications, and years of experience coaching other creatives.
As part of my signature business plan system for creatives, I built a simple straight forward worksheet to make pricing freelance services easier. This worksheet literally changes lives by helping you know exactly what your price for profitability is.
“Even before the course was finished, I’d already revised my prices and sent them out to my next inquiry. And they hired me!”
At Business of Creativity we do online programs a differently:
We promise that our programs are:
- Recorded so you can go review as much and whenever you want to
- Multi-layered interactive exercises while you apply the strategies and lessons in your business
- Specifically designed to help freelancers like you focus on what matters most so you can master the business of creativity
- Comprehensive with resources, workbooks, and access to the Slack community for additional support and connection
And some things we just won’t do like:
- Same-old-same-old ‘online courses’ that talk at you without really helping
- Take your money for a program that isn’t the right solution for your business or marketing challenges
- Promise quick fixes or magic formulas (success takes time and effort – if it was easy, you would already be doing it)
- Offer training only without the support to help you implement and see real results in your creative business.